Thursday, October 25, 2007

Just say "no" to bobbing for apples!


Halloween is around the conner people! i don't celebrate it, i just enjoy the costumes(the cute ones not the scary or nasty ones), kids, and CANDY! My sister is having a little fun get together at her house for my niece and nephew's friends. My mama took the task of cupcakes, so tonight we got together and had some fun icing them. Sometimes i wish i could be simple when it comes to these crafty things.. but i'm not. Most people just slap on some orange frosting and are like feeling super great because they are pumpkin like.. ummm, not me. i had the neon green with Frankenstein faces, orange pumpkin faces, purple with bats and boo, and chocolate with white bats. The craziest part of this is how these little kids are gonna not pay it any attention, just to scarf it down their throat and maybe wear the icing in random places..faces, hands, arms, DEFINETLY clothes. kids don't know napkins exist..gash, thats what pants are for! Anyhow, i used that time to spend with my mama. I am a married 23 year old woman.. but i will always be my mama's little girl. I feel sorry for any other person that doesn't have an awesome godly parent/parents like mine. -----> (ok, i was about to bird walk! its hard for someone that talks and thinks as fast as me to be on here typing. My hands do not work near as fast as my brain and mouth!! haha.) Back to the Halloween party thing---> i realized last week at a Halloween/ birthday party how down right disgusting bobbing for apples are. Mind you, this is the age of kids that when you ask them have they brushed their teeth and they hesitate and stare upwards like they are thinking.. I ALWAYS KNOW THAT MEANS NO even though they say "yes" or even better..(this one is great), "uhh, I think so" ..and.. they think that swimming in a pool counts as a bath.. yeah ok, that age. The first kid goes up. sinks his nasty little face in the water about 10 times and comes up the last time with a mouthful of water that he SPITS back into the bucket!! by the tenth kid.. they all did the exact same thing and i could feel my stomach turning 500 flips because it was grossing me out. I sit there and wonder, how do these little dirty kids ever get sick..? they have to have some serious immunity built up! One day when i have kids, i'm gonna teach them they can only bob for apples if they are FIRST in line. Parents, this is wayy gross! who came up with that nasty game??!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I had a great laugh over this one! I swear, Matthew does that thing about brushing his teeth... and he's a little bit past "that age" already!

What a great way to brighten my Friday. :)

Love the blog, keep it up!!